Technological advancements help companies speed up productivity, flexibility, and improved customer experience. Artificial Intelligence (AI) has the capability to transform a business from traditional to a modern firm. Automating and optimizing tasks and processes, AI saves time and money, increases data accuracy, and avoid human errors. According to the latest Wipro report, 95% of business leaders say AI is important, but only 17% of organizations leverage AI technology.
Wipro’s State of Intelligent Enterprises report indicates that enterprises of the future will be built on a foundation of AI, Analytics, Machine Learning (ML), Deep Learning and Automation, that are prime to solving business difficulties and encouraging innovation.
The report analyzes the current landscape and shows the challenges and the driving factors for businesses to become truly Intelligent Enterprises.
The report highlights that while collecting data is crucial, the ability to combine this with a host of technologies to leverage insights creates an Intelligent Enterprise. Organizations that fast-track the adoption of intelligent processes and technologies stand to gain an immediate competitive advantage over their counterparts.
The following are the key findings from State of Intelligent Enterprises report:
- While 80% of organizations recognize the importance of being intelligent, only 17% would classify their organizations as an Intelligent Enterprise.
- 98% of those surveyed believe that being an Intelligent Enterprise yields benefits to organizations. The most important ones being improved customer experience, faster business decisions and increased organizational agility.
- 91% of organizations feel there are data barriers towards being an Intelligent Enterprise, with security, quality and seamless integration being of utmost concern.
- 95% of business leaders surveyed see AI as critical to being Intelligent Enterprises, yet, currently, only 17% can leverage AI across the entire organization.
- 74% of organizations consider investing in technology as the most likely enabler for an Intelligent Enterprise, however 42% of them think that this must be complemented with efforts to re-skill workforce.
Jayant Prabhu, Vice President & Head – Data, Analytics & AI, Wipro Limited said, “Organisations now need new capabilities to navigate the current challenges. The report amplifies the opportunity to gain a first-mover advantage to being Intelligent. The ability to take productive decisions depends on an organization’s ability to generate accurate, fast and actionable intelligence. Successful organisations are those that quickly adapt to the new technology landscape to transform into an Intelligent Enterprise.”
Most companies consider AI to be critical to improve operational efficiency, reduce employee time on manual tasks, and enhance the employee and customer experience.