Keeping an eye on the employee’s activities can organization in evaluating employee’s performance and productivity. Employee monitoring so is a popular term which is not restricted to surveillance but with the technological progress incorporation of many advanced sophisticated tools into daily office work is common now. Many companies follow different guidelines to monitor and track their employees working hours activities. Employees monitoring software with latest technological advancement and benefits enables companies to get real times report and access of employee’s activities.
According to a recent Salary.com survey:-
- 64% of employees visit non-work related websites each and every day on the job. Out of these, 39% spend 1 hour, 29% spend 2 hours, 21% spend 5 hours, and 3% spend 10 hours or more per day.
- 85% of employees use the company’s email for personal mailing.
- 10% of all employee emails are personal or unrelated to the workplace.
- 92% of stock trading happens during the workday.
Benefits of Employee monitoring software
- To Evaluate the daily productivity of employee: the main objective of employee monitoring tool is to make sure employee’s progress on assigned task/ project. The software enables admin managers to access device data.
- Performance Evaluation: On the basis of daily activity and progress report, employee monitoring software helps reporting managers to analyze employee’s performance with deadline. Reporting managers can share their feedback in real-time.
- To maintain the discipline and company culture.
- Companies can track which employees are making the most of their working hours. Identify ways to Improve Productivity.
- Real-time employee monitoring.
- To Prevent Data Loss/breaches.
- Detection of Insider Threat.
- Measuring the Productivity of Employee.
- To track Employee activity (download of data, visit a prohibited website).
- Act as evidence in case of any illegal activity.
How does Employee monitoring software work?
Employee monitoring software designed to monitor employee working hours activity to ensure the productivity flow. Many organizations working with employee monitoring tool have seen good positive result. This software can be very helpful for those organizations whose employees work from home or from remote locations. There is various employee monitoring software programs that tracks employees activities during working hours.
The major feature of Employee monitoring software:-Task performed, Usage of internet, apps, email, social media and phone. Accordingly employee monitoring program comes in different versions with below mentioned features.
- To improve productivity: Many organizations adopts employee monitoring tool just to check employees- daily activity, assigned computer activity and for reporting purpose.
- For the employee surveillance: Organizations also use employee monitoring software as a surveillance tool, by this they can track- employees email, time spend on social media, phone activity, browsing history, overall internet activity and remote device access.
- To increase efficiency / as a assistance tool: To assist employees with task reminder, meeting scheduling, attendance records, alarming etc.
Latest posts by Santosh Kumar (see all)
- Productivity Hacks: Lessons From Top CEOs and Billionaires - December 31, 2019
- Top 10 Performing Companies in the World in 2019 - December 26, 2019
- Another whistleblower raises new allegations against Infosys CEO Salil Parekh - November 12, 2019