Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) acquired MapR business assets. MapR is a data platform firm for artificial intelligence and analytics applications powered by scale-out, multi-cloud and multi-protocol file system technology. This acquisition includes MapR’s technology, intellectual property, and domain expertise in artificial intelligence and machine learning (AI/ML) and analytics data management.
HPE welcomes MapR customers and partners and plans to support existing deployments along with ongoing renewals.
This MapR business asset acquisition accelerates HPE Intelligent Data Platform capabilities and helps customers optimize workload solutions for mission-critical big-data workflows – whether they are cloud-native or on-premises.
The MapR Data Platform helps deliver the foundation for a next-generation edge-to-cloud AI/ML and analytics data pipeline by:
- Extending BlueData capabilities for stateful container-based applications. The combination of the BlueData and MapR technologies can empower data scientists and data analysts to stitch together AI/ML and analytics data pipelines in minutes across on-premises, hybrid cloud, and multi-cloud environments.
- Enabling storage and consumption of data by a broader set of AI/ML and analytics data, engines, applications, and tools from ISV partners. MapR allows for multiple workloads in the same environment and offers expansive APIs for easy access.
- Ensuring a consistent approach to secure, govern, protect, and orchestrate data up to exabyte scale across the AI/ML and analytics data pipeline. MapR handles a variety of data types from files and streams to documents.
- Simplifying AI/ML and analytics data management and processing from edge to cloud. MapR multi-cloud and container support ensure seamless portability of applications across disparate environments running MapR Data Platform.
Speaking with Phil Davis, president, Hybrid IT, Hewlett Packard Enterprise said “At HPE, we are working to simplify our customers’ and partners’ adoption of artificial intelligence and machine learning, MapR enterprise-grade file system and cloud-native storage services complement HPE’s BlueData container platform strategy and will allow us to provide a unique value proposition for customers. We are pleased to welcome MapR’s world-class team to the HPE family.”
- IT Spending Indicators May Be Bottoming Out for Now but US Business Confidence Continues to Plunge: IDC COVID-19 Tech Index - May 22, 2020
- Arcserve and Sophos Introduce Fully Integrated Security and Data Protection Solution - May 20, 2020
- Citrix and Check Point Software Technologies Jointly to Deliver Next-Gen Firewall - May 19, 2020