While moving towards digitization, adopting cloud – data security and privacy is biggest concern among people and business across the globe. Industry’s leader IBM launches latest version of Z mainframe, IBM z15 with objective to advance the ability to maintain customer data privacy on hybrid multi could environments.
IBM z14 was launched in 2017, a single frame model can process more than 8 million encrypted transactions each day. Latest updated version IBM z15 culminates four years of development with over 3,000 IBM Z patents issued or in process and represents a collaboration with input from over100 companies
IBM z15 enterprise platform comes up with following key innovations
1. IBM z15 allows you to manage integrate private, public and hybrid cloud deployments with agility and security.
2. IBM z15 enhances cybersecurity, you can encrypt all your data, isolate workloads and authenticate access, it helps protect data after it leaves the system, minimizing the impact of breaches and noncompliance.
3. An industry-first approach to limiting the cost and impact of planned and unplanned downtime, IBM z15 enabling users to access full system capacity for a period of time to accelerate shutdown and restart of IBM Z services and provide a temporary capacity boost to rapidly recover from lost time.
4. IBM z15 combined with the IBM Blockchain Platform delivers a secure, enterprise blockchain solution.
5. IBM z15, a single frame pltform requires 75% less floor space than x86 servers and less than half the floor space of IBM z14.
6. With IBM z15, you can process up to one trillion web transactions per day, support massive databases, and scale-out to 2.4 million Linux containers in a single z15 system.
7. Address mission-critical latency challenges by delivering up to 30 times lower latency and up to 28 times less CPU utilization on z15 by compressing secure web transaction data before encryption using the Integrated Accelerator for z Enterprise Data Compression instead of using software compression.
8. IBM z15 Leverage 12 percent more cores than z14, and 25% more memory than z14 to help meet the needs of today’s digital businesses.
Data Privacy Management, IBM z15 has ability to maintain data privacy by not only protecting data on-premises at the infrastructure level, but allows clients to provision data rules to manage individual user access across private, public and hybrid cloud data at the data level. z15 accomplishes this by delivering
- Protection for data wherever it goes – Protecting data today is a challenge for the simple reason that data does not stay in one place and solutions are often fragmented or siloed. Data Privacy Passports addresses this challenge by introducing Trusted Data Objects (TDO) which provide data centric protection that stays with the data.
- Provable consumption of data – Track the complete data transformation journey from point of origin to point of consumption, with a central point for clients’ auditing and compliance activities from data access to aggregation.
- Embedded Key Management – Data Privacy Passports provides required key management for Trusted Data Objects that are created and distributed throughout the enterprise. This greatly reduces the complexity of implementing the solutions and provides simple management of data as it moves between systems.
On the Launching of IBM z15- Ross Mauri, GM of IBM Z, said, “IBM Z is an essential component for addressing top concerns around hybrid cloud like security, privacy and agility. With z15, our clients can have the cloud they want, with the privacy and security they need – protection for both traditional mission-critical workloads and newer workloads like digital asset custody or blockchain, The reality is that for clients whose business’ depend on access to data in real time, IBM Z remains the go to choice. Often, our clients need access to data and analytic insights in a fraction of a second – not minutes, with the ability to control privacy of that data at a granular level.”
Latest posts by Deepa (see all)
- Top 10 Interesting Technology Trends In 2020 and Industry leaders Viewpoints - January 1, 2020
- Walmart Vriddhi Program to help MSME Entrepreneurs to Grow their Business Globally - December 10, 2019
- Cyber Security Initiatives by Government of India to Combat Cyber Threats - December 9, 2019