Cyber Security company McAfee announced Database Security for Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS), strengthening the company’s relationship with AWS (Amazon Web Services) and shared commitment to offer cloud-based security solutions. This will show real time visibility virtually of all major and minor database activities.
This cloud-based security product advances McAfee’s device-to-cloud strategy by taking a best-in-class database security solution and extending it to customer cloud deployments to Amazon RDS.
As organizations migrate to the cloud for their mission critical applications, they often have hundreds or thousands of databases in the cloud. One of the biggest concerns customers have in migrating database workloads to the cloud is inadvertently losing the controls they might have on-premises.
McAfee makes it even easier for AWS customers to demonstrate compliance to auditors and protect critical database assets. With McAfee, users can benefit from real-time protection for database workloads migrated to Amazon RDS while monitoring databases on-premises, all within the same product.
“We universally hear from our broad customer base that they need to fortify their cloud database deployments with strong security tools, similar to how McAfee has always done with on-premises databases, By working with AWS, we are helping to facilitate our customers’ cloud journeys by pairing the security pedigree of McAfee with Amazon RDS. AWS customers can now gain access to McAfee Database Security to add an additional layer of security and rapidly implement critical workflows.” said Anand Ramanathan, vice president of enterprise products, McAfee.
McAfee Database Security is an easy-to-deploy and highly scalable software solution that monitors the Database Management System. The McAfee Database Security Suite includes the following products:
- McAfee Database Activity Monitoring (McAfee DAM) — Protects data from virtually all threats by monitoring activity locally on each database server and by alerting or terminating malicious behavior in real time, even when running in virtualized or cloud computing environments.
- McAfee® Virtual Patching — Detects missing patches, applies vulnerability-specific countermeasures and fixes misconfigurations (via McAfee Database Security virtual patching technology) found by vulnerability scans to improve the security posture of databases immediately, without requiring any downtime.
- McAfee® Vulnerability Manager for Databases —Automates data classification and identification of systems in scope for audits, enables the review and authorization of user rights, identifies security gaps and addresses database vulnerabilities through potential misconfigurations.
“We’re delighted to see the launch of McAfee Database Security for Amazon RDS, providing enterprises the ability to continue their journey to the cloud with an additional layer of security, Customers using Amazon RDS will now be able to automate time-consuming tasks so they are free to focus on the performance, availability, and compatibility of their applications.” said Sailesh Krishnamurthy, General Manager, Aurora, MySQL, and MariaDB, AWS
- TCS new crypto solution to help banks and financial firms offer seamless cryptocurrency trading - July 8, 2020
- LTI Canvas, a Modern Software Engineering Platform for Remote & Hybrid Workforce of Future - July 8, 2020
- Deutsche Bank And Google Cloud To Form Strategic Multi-Year Partnership To Drive Transformation Of Banking - July 7, 2020